* Please click on the Name to get the details.
Agriculture Engineering Discipline
1. Prof. Dr. Rafiqul Islam Sarker
Year of Graduation : 1969
Institution of Graduation : BUET
Higher Degree : M.S and Ph.D ; University of Reading and University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
IEB fellow : F-1793
Experience : Teacher at Agricultural Engineering Faculty of BAU for nearly 45 years ; Vice-Chancellor, Jessore University of Science & Technology ; Project Director, Jessore University of Science & Technology ; Worked as Consultant for FAO, USAID, World Bank, SIDA, DFID and many more international organizations.
Cell phone : +880-1938-849-100
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Engr. Md. Abul Quasem Miah
Cell phone : +880-1712-406-692
Email : email@example.com
3. Dr. Engr. Mohammad Abdul Baqui
Cell phone : +880-1711-592-663
4. Dr. Mohammad Abdul Mazed
Date of Birth: February 17, 1947
Year of Graduation: 1969
The Name of Institution: BUET
Higher Degree: Ph.D.
The name of institution: Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK, USA
Year and Membership No. of IEB: MIEB, 1864
Year and Fellowship No. of IEB: FIEB, 1864
Experiences: Started his early career in teaching and research
in Agricultural Engineering in Bangladesh Agricultural University.
Switched to research in Agricultural Engineering and research
administration as the Chief scientific officer,
Director (support services) and Director General,
Bangladesh Agriculture Research Institute (BARI).
Visiting Instructor in ICVTR, (presently, TUT), Gazipur.
Now, working for Bangladesh Academy of Sciences (BAS) as Director.
Major Responsibilities: Agriculture Machinery ; Appropriate Technology
Assessor from 2008
Cell phone : +880-1713-039-828
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Electrical Engineering Discipline
2. Engr. Rezaul Karim Chowdhury
Date of birth: September 18, 1944
Year of Graduation: 1965
Name of the institution: BUET, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Higher Degree: M Engg (Nuclear Engg),
Pennsylvania State University, USA., 1974
IEB Membership: Life Fellow
1) Director, Energy & Power Division,
Administration & Finance,
BCL Associates Ltd.
2) Social Safeguard and Resettlement Specialist.
3) Former Managing Director, Technological Services Ltd.
4) Former Senior Scientist, Bangladesh Atomic Energy Commission.
Cell phone : +880-1819-237-135
Email : email@example.com
3. Engr. Md Mohsin Ali, PEng
Date of birth : December 28, 1947
Year of graduation : 1969
Name of Institution : Engg College Rajshahi (RUET)
Year of membership of IEB : 1973
Year of Fellowship of IEB : 1993
- Worked in Power Development Board for 20 years in the field of dist. of power
- And then in Dhaka Electric supply Authority for 15 years till retirement from service in 2006.
- Specialized in High Voltage Power System.
- Trained in high voltage transmission lines and transformers in U K .
- Experienced in building transmission lines/cables about 350 Km.
Major Experience: Power sector generation/ transmission/ distribution; Procurement; Assessor from 2008.
Cell phone : +880-1711-408-064
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Engr. A.R. Saber, PEng
Date of birth : January 12, 1938
Year of graduation : 1960
Name of institution : Ahsan Ullah Engineering College, Presently BUET Dhaka
Year of IEB fellowship :
IEB fellowship no. : F/00784
I started my career as Telecom Engineer mainly in Telecom Planning, Development & Project works. Meanwhile I completed various trainings on telecom subjects at home and abroad, also took part in telecom seminars at Dhaka, Bangkok and Washington. Worked as a technical member in a team for negotiation of loan from World Bank at Washington on telecom projects in Bangladesh. Worked as Consultant Engineer at Saudi Arabia under Lahmeyer International, German Consulting Firm for 5 years. Completed a project as Project Director in a digital telecom project within 2 years in 5 cities of Bangladesh. The cost of project was about 150 million US Dollars, financed from Treasury Boards purchased by various Banks in Bangladesh. Also worked in mobile phone companies as Director in Grameen Phone and CEO in a private Telecom Company.
Major experience: Telecommunication management; Power generation/ transmission/ distribution; Procurement; Assessor from 2005.
Cell phone : +880-1711-543-333
Email : email@example.com
5. Engr. A.M.M. Nurul Anam
- Jun 86 – to date: Managing Director, Shakti Engineering Ltd. (Transformer Manufacturing Company)
- Sep 02 – to date: Managing Director, CyberBets Ltd. (Telecommunication Service Provider)
- Oct 87 – Sep 89: Managing Director, Technological Services Ltd. (Engineering Design and Consultants)
- Nov 82 – Oct 87: Director, Technological Services Ltd. (Engineering Design and Consultants)
- Oct 81 – Nov 82: Managing Director, Technological Services Ltd. (Engineering Design and Consultants)
- Aug 79 – Oct 81: Director, Technological Services Ltd. (Engineering Design and Consultants)
- Jan 78 – Aug 79: Senior Engineer, Later Principal Engineer, Post & Telecommunication Head Quarters, Federal Govt. of Nigeria
- Jun 75 – Dec 77: Senior Design Engineer, Later Director, Technological Services Ltd. (Engineering Design and Consultants)
- Apr 72 – Feb 75: Divisional Engineer, T&T Department
- Jun 69 – Apr 72: Assistant Divisional Engineer, T&T Department
- Oct 68 – Jun 69: Commercial Engineer, British Insulated Callender’s Construction (BICC) Co. Ltd. Dhaka Office
- Dec 65 – Aug 68: Engineer in-charge, Shyampur Sugar Mills, Darwani Sugar Mills and Panchagarh Sugar Mills, East Pakistan Industrial Development Corp. (EPIDC).
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Engr. Shaikh Abdur Rahman
Year of Graduation: 1956
Name of the Institution: BUET, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
IEB membership: Fellow
1) Worked as Principal Engineer in BCL Associate Ltd (1996 – 2017)
2) Former Member Generation, Bangladesh Power Development Board.
3) Specialized in instrumentation & control,
trouble shooting and testing and commission of power station and substation equipment.
4) Provide Free-lance advisory services to IPP,
rental and quick rental power stations.
Cell phone : +880-1819-258-199
Email : email@example.com
7. Engr. S.T.S. Mahmood
8. Engr. Md Mosharraf Hossain
Chemical Engineering Discipline
1. Dr. Engr. A. K. M. A. Quader
Cell Phone : +880-1714242684
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Engr. Hasanul Murshed
Cell Phone : +880-1819-219-000
Email : email@example.com
3. Engr. Md Mosharraf Hossain
Textile Engineering Discipline
1. Prof. Dr Engr. Nitai Chandra Sutradhar
Cell Phone : +880-1713-201-437
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Prof. Dr Engr. Ayub Nabi Khan C.Text, FTI
Date of birth : March 15, 1963
Year of graduation : 1987
Graduation : B.Sc. in Textile Technology ; College of Textile Engineering & technology, Dhaka, Presently BUTEX
Higher Degree : M.Sc, Ph.D in Textile Technology ; University of Manchester, UK
IEB Life fellow : F-7498, 2009
Experience : Pro Vice Chancellor, BGMEA University of Fashion & Technology (BUFT) ; 29 years experience in academic, teaching, research, industry and industry.
Cell phone : +880-1552-340-386
Email : email@example.com
3. Prof. Syed Fakhrul Hassan
Date of birth : September 18, 1957
Graduation : B.Sc. in Textile Technology ; University of Dhaka (College of Textile Engineering & technology, BD)
Higher Degree : M.Sc. in Textile Technology ; University of Manchester, UK
IEB fellow : F-7461 (ID No. 01781)
Experience : Professor at Southeast University; 2005 – till date, Key resource person for professional training (ICTM); 2000-2006
Cell phone : +880-1711-698-261
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Prof Engr. Masud Ahmed
Date of Birth: May 15, 1955
Year of Graduation: B.Sc. in Textile Technology in 1980
The Name of Institution: The University of Dhaka
Higher Degree: M.Sc. in Consumer Studies (Textile Science)
The name of Institution: University of Guelph, Canada
IEB Fellow: F/8602
Experience: Prof. Engr. Mashud Ahmed started his teaching & research career in the year 1983 as lecturer in the field of Textile Engineer. Then he was step by step promoted to the post of Professor. He worked as Head of the Dept., Dean of faculty, Member of Finance
Committee, Academic Council & Syndicate of BUTEX. He has been working as Vice-Chancellor of BUTEX since February 10, 2015.
Cell phone : +880-1718-235-559
Email : email@example.com
Civil Engineering Discipline
1. Engr. I.A. Khan, OBE,CEng,FICE,FIHT
Mr Khan spent his formative years and in Kenya where he completed his schooling. He then went to the UK for further studies and obtained his B.Sc(Eng) degree from the London University in 1971. In 1981 he obtained M.Sc (Eng) degree from the City University London.Mr Khan came to Bangladesh in 1987 and worked on a number of engineering projects – mainly BRIDGES including the ODA Bridges Project and the Jamuna Multi-purpose Bridge Project whilst in employment of RPT until 2009. After that he set up his own company – Medway Consultancy Services that has been carrying out assignments in Bangladesh including structural surveys of garment factories.
In 2009 Mr Khan was made Officer of the British Empire (OBE) by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II for services to UK-Bangladesh trade and development relations and corporate social responsibility. He is also recipient of the prestigious ICE International Medal 2009 for his work associated with bridges.
Major involvement: Bridge and Roads, design and Construction Supervision; Structural Supervision of Garment Factories; Procurement; Assessor from 2003.
Cell phone : +880-1819-248-089
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Engr. A.K.M. Halimur Rahman
Date of Birth : March 2, 1944
Year of graduation : 1965
Name of the Institution : BUET
Higher Degree : Diploma in Hydrological Engineering, IHE, Delft, the Netherlands, 1977
Year of IEB fellowship :
IEB fellowship no. : F/02098
Experience : After graduation joined in Bangladesh Water Development Board ( BWDB ) as Assistant Engineer in 1966 , worked in different positions at various Projects and retired in 2001 as Director General ( D G ).Mainly involved in Design and Planning activities of different Projects funded by different Donor Agencies and also GoB . Worked in Teesta Barrage Project as Design Engineer, G K Project and Coastal Embankment Project as supervision engineer, Flood Action Plan ( FAP) and in WARPO as planning engineer. Also worked as Director General of WARPO and was involved in preparation of National Water Policy, National Water Management Plan etc.
Major experience in Water Resource Engineering; Assessor from 2009.
Cell phone : +880-1726-468-059
Email : email@example.com
3. Engr. A. H. Md Matiur Rahman, PEng
Date of birth : June 14, 1942
Membership of Professional Bodies :
- Registered Professional Engineer (PEng.)
Bangladesh Professional Engineers’ Registration Board (BPERB)
- Life Fellow, Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh
- Ex-Member, American Society of Civil Engineers
- Ex-Member, Canadian Society for Civil Engineering
- Ex-Member, Kuwait Engineering Society.
Educational Qualification :
- B.Sc Engineering (Civil) BUET, 1963
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Computer Science, 1996
Bangladesh Management Development Institute.
- International Advance Course on Seismology and Earthquake Engineering, Indonesia, 1988
Field of Interest : Structural Design, Codes and Standards, Procurement of Works, Top Supervision.
- Worked in the field of building construction, design and procurement in Public Works Department, Government of Bangladesh.
- Retired as Additional Chief Engineer.
- Since retirement working as Free-Lance Consultant in the field of Structural Design, Procurement and Arbitration
Special Assignment :
- Member, National Steering Committee in the Preparation of Bangladesh National Building Code 1993.
- Convener, Editorial Sub-Committee (Structural Design-Reinforced concrete)
- Contributor for updating of Bangladesh National Building Code (BNBC) 2017.
- Manual on ‘Vulnerability Assessment and Damage Prediction of RCC buildings against Non-seismic Natural Hazards’ under JICA.
- Co-author ‘Book of Specification and Code of Practice’ for PWD
- Manual written in Bengali for Construction Workers
- Book in the process of publication by the name ‘ Reinforced Concrete Building Structures: Constituent Materials and Construction Practices’
Now working as Consultant : Structural designer, Procurement Consultant and Top Supervision in the construction of 18-story (15+ 3 basement) Anjuman JR Tower.
Present assignment at the Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh :
- Assessor for PEng. Registration of Civil Engineers under Bangladesh Professional Engineers Registration Board (BPERB).
- Member, Registration Committee for Registration of Civil Engineers with RAJUK (Capital Development Authority) under Bangladesh Professional Engineers Registration Board (BPERB).
Major experience: Building Design and Construction Supervision and management; Structural Design; Procurement; Assessor from 2003.
Cell phone : +880-1911-349-350
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Engr, Nazmul Hasan, PEng
Cell phone : +880-1
5. Engr. A.S.M. Nasiruddin Chowdhury, PEng
Date of Birth: January 14, 1944
Years of Graduation: 1967
The name of Institutions: Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET), Dhaka.
Year and Membership No of IEB: Year 1969; No. G/751
Year and Fellowship No of IEB: Year 1979; No. F-1077
a) Asstt. Engineer, Executive Engineer & Supdt. Engineer: University of Chittagong-1968 to 1984.
b) Deputy Project Manager Shah Amanath International Airport-PCI (Japan)-DDC Joint Venture-1997-2001.
c) Chief Engineer: World Trade Centre-2008-2016
d) Vice-Chairman, IEB, Chittagong Centre 2000-2001
e) Central Council Member, IEB: A few terms f) Member American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE),
Cell phone : +880-1711-761-767
Email : email@example.com
6. Engr. Md Sharafat Ali Fakir, PEng
Cell phone : +880-1552-361-600
7. Engr. A.R.M. Anwar Hossain, PEng
Date of birth : April 16, 1950
Year of Graduation : 1971
Graduation : B.Sc. in Civil Engineering; BUET
Higher Degree : M.Sc. Engg in Civil Engineering, University of Birmingham, UK
IEB fellow : F-1967
Experience : 35 years in RHD and 9 years as Dean in ESCB and team leader in CPTU training programme. Focal Point of CIPS (uk) prog and MOOC of WB.
Fellow of Chartered Institute of Highways and Transportation. Graduate member of ICE
Major experience: ; Roads, Highways and Bridges design / construction supervision and management; procurement management and e-GP training specialist; Assessor from 2015.
Cell phone : +880-1730-013-804
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Prof. Dr Jamilur Reza Chowdhury
National expert in any civil engineering construction,supervision and management; computer engineering; Assessor from 2003.
Cell phone : +880-1711-563-499
Email : email@example.com
9. Engr. Salma Akhter, PEng, CEng, CPEng.
Date of birth : November 01, 1955
Year of Graduation : 1978
Graduation : B.Sc. in Civil Engineering
Higher Degree :
i) Post Graduate Diploma ( Marine Civil Engineering) ,
University of Trondheim,Norway.
ii) Post Graduate Diploma ( Hydraulic Engineering),
Institute of Hydraulic Engineering, Netherlands .
iii) MSc. Engineering (Civil), KUET, Bangladesh
Year of IEB Membership : 1978
Year of IEB Fellowship : 1995
IEB fellowship No. : F-3244
30 years in Maritime Port sector in Bangladesh,
9 years in Consultancy services in Mozambique and Bangladesh.
Registered Professional Engineer of BPERB,
ECUK and Engineers Australia.
Major experience: Marine Port Engineering management; Roads and Highways design and Construction supervision; procurement specialist; Assessor from 2016.
Cell phone : +880-1711-344-181
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Engr. M.A. Sobhan, CEng, PEng, FICE, FASCE
Date of birth: March 01, 1942
Year of Graduation: 1963
Name of institution: BUET
Higher degree: Post Graduate Diploma in Hydraulic Engg (Hydraulic Structures),
Delft, The Netherlands, 1971
Year of IEB Fellowship: 1977
IEB Fellowship no. : F/964
- Managing Director, DPM Consultants, Team Leader,
- 2. Team Leader, Inegrated Hatirjheel Project and Development of Begunbari, Khal area
on behalf of LGED, Short Term Consultant, World Bank Group,
- Short Term Consultant, World Bank Group, Bangladesh.
- Board Member of BAETE, BPERB, and ESCB of IEB
Major experience: Roads and Bridge design / Construction supervision, Structural design, Building Construction supervision; Procurement; Assessor from 2003.
Cell phone : +880-1711-567-318
Email : email@example.com
11. Engr. Mahbubur Rahman, PEng
Date of birth : February 12, 1943
Year of Graduation : 1964
Graduation : B.Sc. in Civil Engineering ; BUET
Higher Degree : M.Engg. in Civil Engineering ; Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok
IEB fellow : F-5176
Experience : Director (R&B), Development Design Consultants Ltd (DCC) since 1990 ; Managing Director, Interconsultant Ltd (1987-1990) ; Engineer of Deputation to the Government of Nigeria (1978-1987) ; Executive Engineer, PWD (1972-1978) ; Assistant Engineer (SDE), PWD (1966-1972) ; Assistant Engineer, WAPDA (1965-1966)
Major experience: Building design / construction supervision and management; Roads Highways and Bridge design / Construction supervision; Procurement; Assessor from 2005.
Cell phone : +880-1819-242-378
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Engr. M. A. Mannan, PEng
Date of Birth : September 01, 1943
Year of Graduation : 1964
Name of Institution : BUET
Higher degree : M. Sc. Engg. (Civil) 1978 from BUET
Date of IEB Fellowship : 1978-1979.
IEB fellowship no. : F/1033
- Trained in UK under Rendal, Palmer & Tritton and in USA under Louis Berger International Inc.
- Designed Pre-stressed concrete girders for variable spans from 14.0 m to 30.0 m for Beximco Industrial Park at Savar, Gazipur.
- Designed RC Bridges upto 300 ft span for Roads & Highways.
- Designed high-rise (08 to 29 storey) Residential, Commercial & Industrial concrete buildings with max. four (04) basements.
Major experience: Roads and Bridge design / construction supervision; Structural design, Building design / construction supervision; Procurement; Assessor from 2003.
Cell phone : +880-1715-009-944
Email : email@example.com
13. Prof. Dr A.M.M. Safiullah
Major experience: Geo-tech Engineering; Teaching all fields of Civil Engineering; Assessor from 2007.
Cell phone : +880 1711-583-706
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
14. Engr. Saleh Mustafa Kamal, PEng
Major experience: Building design / construction supervision and management; Roads-Bridges-Highway design / construction supervision and management; Procurement; Assessor from 2003.
Cell phone : +880-1711-541-634
15. Dr Engr. Fazlul Bari
Major experience: Water Resource Engineering; Assessor from 2007.
Cell phone : +880-1711-884-045
Email : email@example.com
16. Prof. Engr. M.A. Hannan, PEng
Major experience: Environmental Engineering; Teaching in all fields of Civil Engineering; Procurement specialist; Assessor from 2005.
Cell phone : +880-1791-405-615
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer Engineering Discipline
1. Prof. Dr Md Mahfuzul Islam
Cell Phone : +880-1819-221-941
Email : email@example.com
2. Engr. Abu Zafor Md Salahuddin
Date of Birth: December 20, 1969
Year of Graduation: 2001
Name of Institution: BUET
Higher Degree: Ph.D. in NSE (BUP)
Year and Membership No. of IEB: AM-6847; 25 May 2001
Year and Fellowship No. of IEB: F-12052; Nov 2015
ICT Directorate, Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST),
2) Senior Network Manager,
IT Directorate, Army HQ, Bangladesh Army
3) Chief Personnel Officer,
Sector-1, United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS)
4) Commanding Officer,
Field Signal Battalion, Bangladesh Army
Cell Phone :+880-1769-024-174 +880-1711-945-036
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Engr. Syed Ziaul Haque
Date of Birth : March 20, 1953
Year of Graduation : 1980
Name of Institution : BUET Higher Degree along with
Higher Degree the : M. Sc. Engg. (EEE)
Name of Institution : BUET
No of IEB Fellowship : F/8068
- Executive Director Tech Valley Networks Ltd. (Since 2.7.2017)Director Ahsanullah Institute of Information and Communication Technology (AIICT) Last Govt. Service
- Director, Ahsanullah Institute of Information and Communication Technology (AIICT)
- Secretary Bangladesh Computer Council (BCC) Ministry of Science and ICT (From 14.11.1994 to 30.6.2007) 9. Responsibilities as Secretary of
- Fellow, Bangladesh Computer Society & Ex Joint Secretary Bangladesh Computer Society
- Life Member, Asiatic Society of Bangladesh
- Life Member, Bangladesh Mathematical Society
- Life Member, Bangla Academy
Major Responsibility:Technology management; HR and Admin; IT Project monitoring and evaluation. Assessor from 2017.
Cell Phone : +880-1811-224-084
Email : email@example.com
4. Engr. Azimul Haq
Cell phone : +880-1819-221-941
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Mechanical Engineering Discipline
1. Prof. Dr M. Anwar Hossain
Cell phone : +880-1714-028-580
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Prof. Dr M.H. Khan
Date of birth : July 17, 1933
Year of graduation : 1955
Name of Institution : Ahsanullah Engineering College, Dhaka.
Higher degree : M. Sc. in Mech Engg. from Texas A&M College, USA
Ph.D from Texas A&M College, USA.
Year of IEB fellowship :
IEB fellowship No. : F/00858
- Ex-Vice Chancellor, BUET (1987-91)
- UGC member (1991-95)
- Vice Chancellor, Ahsanullah University of Science & Technology (1995-2006)
- Vice President, Dhaka Ahsania Mission
- Professor at AUST and Treasurer at Bangladesh Diabetic Society (till now)
- Teacher in Mechanical Engineering Department from 1955.
- Consultant in Mechanical Engineering to various organisation from 1955
- IEB Gold Medal
- Dhaka Ahsania Mission Gold Medal
Major Responsibility: All fields of Mechanical Engineering including Generator, Air conditioning. Assessor from 2002
Phone : +880-2-9122007
Email : n/a
4. Engr. A.M.M. Khairul Bashar, PEng
Cell phone : +880-1819-221-016
Email : email@example.com
5. Dr Engr. M. A. K. Azad, PEng
Cell phone : +880-1711-542-682
6. Engr Syed Masud Hasan
Date of Birth: December 5, 1948
Year of Graduation: 1970 (Graduated in Mechanical Engineering from BUET)
Higher Education: Obtained Masters Degree in (Industrial Engineering and Administration)
from Cranfield Institute of Technology (CIT) UK.
IEB Fellowship no. : F/1952
- Mr. Hasan has more than 40 years of experience in Management Consultancy and Training.
- He started his career as Apprentice Engineer at Bangladesh Industrial Technical Assistance Centre (BITAC) and subsequently joined Bangladesh Railway as Asstt. Mechanical Engineer.
- He worked as the Director of Bangladesh Institute of Management (BIM), a leading institution in the public sector in Bangladesh engaged management training, consultancy and research.
- Currently, Mr. Hasan is the Managing Director of the Centre for Management Development (CMD) a well-recognized organization in the private sector engaged in field of Training and Management Consultancy
Major Responsibility: Assessor from 2010
Cell phone : +880-1819-238-803
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Engr. Abul Quasim Raziul Huq, PEng
Date of birth : November 4, 1941
Year of graduation : 1963
Name of the Institution : BUET
Year of IEB Fellowship : 1981
IEB Fellowship No: F/1233
Mechanical Engineer with more than 45 years of experience in the fields of project management, installations, operation and maintenance (planning/execution) related to chemical, manufacturing and service industries, and consulting firms. Also have experience in conducting seminar and training courses. Consultancy to more than 50 organisations in establishing Quality, Environmental & Occupational Health & Safety Management System complying International Management Standards requirements being Lead Auditor ISO 9001 and Lead Assessor ISO 17025. Assessor from 2007.
Cell phone : +880-1819-213-425
Email : email@example.com