PROF. DR. ENGR. DIPAK KANTI DAS
Ph.D. (Liverpool, UK), M.Sc.(BUET), B.Sc.(BUET)
Graduated in Mech. Engg. from BUET (erstwhile EPUET) in December 1968. Joined as lecturar in M.E. Dept (BUET) on 01-01-1969. Obtained Ph.D. in 1980 from Liverpool University, England. Appointed as Professor in September 1983 and upgraded to Selection Grade Professor in 1988. Retired in 2011 and appointed as Dr. Rashid Chair Professor in 2013. Among others endowed with the following positions and responsibilities:
- Provost, Ahsanullah Hall, BUET(1983-87)
- Head, Mechanical Engineering Dept., BUET (1987-89)
- Dean, Faculty of Mech. Engg., BUET (1993-95)
- Director, Advisory Extension and Research Services, BUET (1985-88)
- Member, Finance Committee, BUET (1993-95)
- Managing Editor, Journal, Institution of Engineers (1984-91)
- Chairman, Board of Governors, BIT, Dhaka (2000-03)
- Convenor, Committee for Drafting Acts for CUET, DUET, KUET, RUET. (2003).
- Convenor, Peer Review Committee on Engineering & Applied Science, Ministry of Science & Communication Technology, GOB (2007-2009)
- Election Commissioner, Institution of Engineers (2008, 2010 & 2017)
- Controller of Examination, Institution of Engineers (2009 to date),
- Dr. Rashid Chair Professor (2013)
- Member, Syndicate: BUET, CUET & AUST.
- Life member & Member, Advisory Committee: Chittagong Samity, Dhaka.
Thirty-Nine (39) papers in National and International Journals and Proceedings.
Supervised a number of Ph.D. and M.Sc. Engg. thesis at BUET.